COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
The virtual Local Development Community of Practice (CoP) is functioning at http://udl.despro.org.ua/ and provides the learning environment in which practitioners connect around decentralization and local governance (DLG) sector-specific information and knowledge exchange.
The CoP builds on the experience of a series of e-courses that had been carried out jointly with the higher educational institutions, local self-governance associations, regional training centres during 2011-2016 for different audiences (civil servants, local authorities’ representatives, MA students in public administration) which led to establishing a core group of the tutors, experts and activists of the CoP. More than 20 e-courses have been successfully implemented since the start of the community's functioning whereas the most popular e-course that is being hosted on a yearly basis, in autumn, is the Project Management for Local Development.
The CoP proved to be an effective and efficient way to enhance learning by experience and empower people in their everyday work for their communities.
Feedback from the participants upon the completion of the most recent e-course on Project Management-5 includes:
· This is my first e-course, and it motivated me to initiate a project.
· Now I have clear vision of what to do and what not to do.
· I like this approach to learning through sharing our experiences!
· It was useful to get acquainted with the work of other teams and experts’ comments to these.
· I copied so many forums – sometimes these have invaluable information for me.
· Many thanks to tutor for recommendations to the project’s concept; the project now has high chances to be implemented by my team.
Following the ever growing need to develop skills and acquire knowledge the CoP offers regular e-courses, package of self-study modules, news digests on DLG reform.
Today the CoP brings together more than 3 000 participants becoming a space for translating knowledge into actionable learning, building capacity to implement change and scaling up innovative solutions.
The e-courses offered by the Community are open to its members using knowledge management tools and state-of-the-art learning and IT solutions.
The CoP is functioning in the on-line format, open to everyone to join anytime.